["Developer", "Designer", "Dad"].sort()
I never followed a career path, but a never-ending curiosity around design and tech. To create unique experiences on a screen - that's what motivates me since the beginning in '99, when I built my first website in high school. It's the reason I tought myself coding, it's what inspired me to study art and design. Over the years, I tried to evenly split my attention between design and code - it became my mission to grow in both areas, to understand the unique challenges of each of those fields, and to ultimately become the intermediary between the two worlds.Request CV
- Keep curious: To deliver state of the art solutions one needs to be evolving constantly. I dedicate a decent amount of time researching and experimenting with new technology.
- Be a minimalist:
Do more, with less,
Work smart, not hard,
Don't repeat yourself,
Form follows function- There are many quotes that circumscribe what I call being a minimalist.
- Microservice architecture: In a fast-moving environment like the web, big monolithic applications are expensive to setup, hard to maintain and almost impossible to scale. The answer: Smaller encapsulated backend services (SaaS, Lambda) that offer flexible APIs, in combination with independent clients that can be built using JAMStack architecture.
- Open source: For obvious reasons. For me personally, the strongest argument is the idea of shared knowledge, the ability to learn from others.
- Accessiblity: Shouldn't be a luxury. The web is a great place - let everyone participate.
- There is more to life than work.
Technologies and Skills
No, I can't support IE11.* 😂
- HTML, (S)CSS, JS
- React, Next.js
- Vue, Nuxt.js
- Bootstrap, Bulma
- Redux, Vuex
- Figma, Sketch